Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

The Masters and Notre Dame....

Yesterday I was glued to the television watching one of the most intense and exciting sports moments ever. Tiger Woods made a comeback very, very few people have ever even attempted. Only two years ago he was telling other golfers he didn't think he would ever play again.  At that point he couldn't lay down, sit or stand without tremendous pain because of a back injury. My daughter had a similar injury and watching her deal with the pain has been excruciating. But he finally found the right doctor, had the surgery and did the follow up work to be able to golf again.











We all remember this picture of Tiger and his father who was always by his side, so happy he won the most prestigious golf tournament there is.
Watching Tiger confidently walk the fairways yesterday was inspiring. It made me feel like I could do anything also! He looked like the Tiger of 15 years ago and honestly I felt better just watching him.




I know if we believe we can, we can.



And now we have a new picture of a father and son. But this picture, of Tiger and his son, is not just one of redemption, but of grit and determination to come back from an injury that could have ended his ability to ever play again. But he did it. We watched the final round not just to root on Tiger, but to instill hope in our own "injuries". Where do we need to make a comeback? I know all of us have one to hope for. We can indeed make a personal comeback also, regardless what it is.




Today we are glued to our televisions watching an iconic 900 year old structure beloved by people all around the world burn to the ground. As I watched this beautiful building being destroyed I couldn't help but compare these two stories and gain hope from one triumph for the destruction of another.

Notre Dame will be rebuilt because it's what people do. When faced with adversity it is our nature to never give up and that is what will happen here. Tiger showed us just one day ago what a refusal to give up looks like. Rebuilding Notre Dame will take great leadership and the ability to infuse in people that it can be done. I am praying for Paris and for the loss they are feeling. 

Vive La France! You have withstood war, pestilence and invasions. You will rebuild...I know it.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote my blog post for tomorrow and it was about Notre Dame. I echo you in my belief that Notre Dame will be rebuilt. I have complete confidence. (And, I plan to link to your blog tomorrow as "another take" on this topic. I loved the comparison with Tiger Woods' comeback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love your writing so this is a huge compliment to me....I have started over also....its a subject close to my heart.

      Delete
  2. https://whystopatonehotdog.blogspot.com/2019/04/arizona-trip.html?showComment=1571209841443#c7983259266125892813

    ReplyDelete