Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!

I started the day off the way I start most days...with a coin toss as to whether or not I will get my can out of bed and answer the call of the work out. Every day I complain,to no one in particular. I guess I enjoy reminiscing about the old days when my children were small and each day was a war of wills.  But today I was really curious about how I would react to being older....I guess every day I’m older, but this day was different. 

Today is my birthday and  I am 65. 

I have to let that settle on me. 

I’m not complaining, getting older is a blessing - I know that very well, but this birthday is a life change and I need to let it settle on me. I read this statement on aging the other day and it gave me such a feeling of peace about the cycle of life, and it works for any belief system. 
.
“God consigned a gift to our bodies. It is the blessing of aging, with visible reminders that we are mortal beings destined one day to leave this “frail existence”.
Our bodies change every day, To remind us that we are mortal children of God, with a guarantee that we shall not be stranded upon the earth forever.
Aging and physical death are essential to God’s great plan of happiness.  Mortal life, glorious as it is, was never the ultimate objective of God’s plan.” 
Russell M. Nelson

There are so many more things I want to see and do during my life so following logic that means I will be getting older and older!!  

The lessons I have learned so far are many but only a few are worth repeating..Here are a few...

Everyone is doing the best they can, forgive as you go.
Every day has so much to be grateful for, look for it, write it down, celebrate it!
Look for ways to help folks around you, might be as simple as a smile or as big as a kidney...
Fill your life with light and energy because that is the best way to dispel anxiety, worry and stress - it also provides the best possible way to remain creative. 

Three years ago my body had enough of the stress I was inflicting on it and one of my arteries exploded but against all possible odds I lived and being a slow learner,  I am just now starting to understand how precious life is. There is much more I want to do during my trek through mortality and because of that I will not waste any time with negativity or the need to be right. I am going to be a peaceful traveler for the rest of my time and enjoy the life I have been given. I will look for ways to help others with whatever I can and be incredibly grateful for the journey. That is the gift I am giving to myself this wonderful birthday!!
My love to all xxoo


2 comments:

  1. I needed this as I dragged my aging body out of bed in the pre-dawn. Mostly, I love getting older. I love the experiences that have etched themselves into my face and body. What I don't enjoy are the diminishments (I'll never do another cartwheel!).
    But I am grateful for the 'blessing of aging' and will try to be a light to others, as you have always been a light to me!
    Happy birthday, my friend!
    And that picture? It says it all. Still feisty, even when battered and bruised...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Diane, although I never was able to do a cartwheel. Aging is a blessing. I have several friends who didn't live long enough (cancer, in most cases) to enjoy the blessings of aging, and you are so well aware of how fragile life can be.

    ReplyDelete