Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Who Am I?




Thanks for sending in your DNA sample.

And that is how it starts.

Being adopted I wanted to find out where I came from. I have done a lot of family history but only for the family I know. Finding birth parents hasn't been a driving force in my life, I honor their privacy. But I am curious. I am not expecting a big surprise. I look a bit Anglo Saxon, so I imagine I am from Northern Europe...but maybe I am the product of a Viking experience. 10 generations back my people were stolen from Spain or Morocco,and brought to, I don't know, Norway, or Poland...Maybe I am a descendant of Catharine the Great....or Genghis Khan.......
Maybe Italian? That would freak out my husband who is really Italian.

All I know is I am from Texas and that is not going to change. And my birth mothers name is -

Opal Leigh Jones

I didn't know anything about my birth mother until my father passed away and I found my original birth certificate. No dad's name....

This might be the reason I enjoy saying the word "bastard" so much.....

I will let you know the results of the great DNA mystery. Although I am not expecting much more than, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. 

I'll know more in 6-8 weeks. It's kind of exciting isn't it?

10 comments:

  1. It *is* exciting! I look forward to hearing your results.

    This makes me smile: "...but maybe I am the product of a Viking experience." Seems like you could imagine all kinds of interesting scenarios when you don't know for certain where and how you came about.

    I hope you're pleased with the results. Do share! Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can I still make things up after I get the results?

      Delete
  2. Quite a wait...I'll be curious when you post the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it took me so long to just do it...this is forever in the making

      Delete
  3. I love that you did this. I"ll bet it is an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing your results. Maybe you'll discover some exotic heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is like an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" If you have Viking roots it will be a great excuse to buy one of those horned helmets to wear for family get togethers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister sent ours in and we were surprised to find that we were not only Swedish, as we thought, but also Scottish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such useful information with us. I hope you will share some more info about your blog. Please keep sharing. We also provide our website whose title is Ngobrol Sehat

    ReplyDelete