Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A little help from my friends....

This morning I read a sweet reply from a woman I met last year at a blogging conference. (When you have things in common and limited time you get close to people quickly.) Her post was about aging and the effects there of. I sent what I thought was a throw away line, an innocuous reply. I was feeling sorry for myself and I went on and on about how old I felt and especially older since my heart thing. I am still repairing and blah blah blah....

What she wrote back will change me forever if I let it.....if I let it.

“My friend, do whatever you can to remain upbeat. You are young and healthy in so many other ways. Bodies can compensate. If you don't overdo, but just stay active, rested, and properly nourished, both in body and soul, you can improve. I say this because I saw you in 2016 and nobody with that much light radiating from them can be held down for long. Don't let your fears win. Think of my mom. She's 92 and broke her leg 5 years ago, a bad femur break. They put a rod in but it never healed, because she is very old. In spite of that, she is radiant. Systems do wear out, but you are too young for that to happen. So take care of yourself and have faith in the organism - bodies will fight to survive and thrive if you nurture them.”
 Lynne Morgan Spreen from Any Shiny thing - Life after 50

My friend Amy Ayoub from the Zen Speaker told me Monday to write words filled with light. Write words filled with light. 

To say I am blessed to have such amazing friends is an understatement, find these people in your lives.

 I recently read from Brene Brown that it doesn’t matter what side of the conversation you are on if you are filled with hate it is the same. Regardless of where you place your words fill them with light.

Sharon Eubanks says that “Creativity and innovation are gifts....ask for them.” Innovation will assist you every day, creativity will bring out the best in your life....use them.

Gordon B. Hinckley said, : “You don’t … build out of pessimism or cynicism. You look with optimism, work with faith, and things happen.”

Last years heart thing caused a great deal of change in my life and  I will keep changing. One thing I do know I will be able to move forward with creativity, innovation, problem solving and hope with a positive spirit.

Thanks Lynne.....Thanks Amy...

Love my friends.


9 comments:

  1. We love you too, Donna! The older I get (I'm 63 now), the more I believe in the power of our minds to direct our health. No, a slap-happy outlook wouldn't have saved you from your heart issue, but a smile and a positive approach to every day can promote healing. It lifts me up that my words would comfort you. Thanks for letting me know. Here are a few more. http://anyshinything.com/life-tips/how-to-be-happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna, for always being open and cherishing our friendship as much as I do. You are a shining light and when your words reflect that, you heal others. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! I'm a friend of Lynne who also writes about positive aging but a real key is being able to see the positive no matter what. Sure things change. And we all wish that everything stayed easy and perfect at any age. But that isn't real life is it? Far better to know without at doubt that no matter what you are strong enough to face it and that things will always work out in a way that will benefit you in the long run. Look for the light where ever you good and be the light to others when you can. You never know who you will touch in the process. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sentiment of staying in the light! It is wonderful how some comments can make you sit up and take notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete