Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Night Brain Vs. Day Brain




So last night I was helping my daughter with her homework. I really don't want to see that homework in the light of day. It is amazing what a night brain will accept...night brain says all kinds of things...like after sitting with Emma for hours my night brain said things like..."yea! that looks good!" Because all night brain wants to do is go to bed. And now that I think of it, night brain says all kinds of things that day brain would never say. Night brain says, "looks good, eat it!!" Day brain asks if you have exercised. Night brain looks at an unmade bed and sleeps on top of it, after putting clothes and socks on the floor...day brain not only makes the bed but sorts the socks. Night brain looks at messages and ignores them, day brain answers the phone. Night brain ignores dust, bills and deadlines. Day brain rearranges furniture.
The trick is to listen to the better angels in your head, ignore what you know is holding you back and go forward. If you want something different, you have to do something different. Stop listening to night brain, it's just a tired 'ole voice trying to keep you on the couch where it is...go out in the sun with day brain, your better angels! They are there. Find them...be powerful!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like our conversation earlier today! Wait...did we have this converstation? I was so tired... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must live inside my brain, too! Have those same conversations with myself...glad no one answers but me!

    ReplyDelete