Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Dad

My dad passed away 5 years ago, he had an accident with his bicycle and died thirteen days later. It was a blessing to him to be able to go home the way he did. And a blessing to me that I didn't have to watch him suffer. What he left behind was, to me at first, a huge mess. He collected all kinds of random things. We were never sure what we would run into. From insurance policies on credit cards for a few hundred dollars, to Mexican pesos. It didn't seem he had very much, but he did. He had the wherewithal to make sure his home was well cared for, his roof was in good shape, his windows were new. He had money in the bank and my name was on his bank account, although I have no idea when I did that. I was able to access funds right away to take care of his burial. He had already paid for his whole funeral. After we went through his hangar, closets and closed up bedrooms we were able to sell his home because he had done such a good job keeping things up and adding things other homes in his neighborhood didn't have. All in all, my dad did a good job, both in being a dad and being a good guy. I appreciate everything he did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment