Search This Blog

Monday, May 1, 2017

Solving Problems

A few years ago I wrote a blog called The Problem With Tall Wheat. The solution of this particular problem fascinated me. Paul Ehrlich wrote a book in the 60's called The Population Bomb, in it he said it was a fantasy that India could ever feed itself. Then along comes Norman Borlaug who saw a problem with tall wheat in that when it fell over, it took a great deal of room to grow. Dwarf wheat is credited with saving over a billion people from starvation because of how much less room was needed to grow the same amount of wheat. Norman Borlaug was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for this discovery and a most unlikely solution was found for feeding people.

This world is filled with problems, I will not deny that. But it is also a world filled with solutions. I know that the negative emotions of anger, anxiety and worry keep us from finding the solutions. However facing a problem with the calm assurance of an answer is usually met with success. Not all problems are solved immediately, but they will be solved.

Case in point....we recently installed wood floors, they are lovely and the addition of 2 area rugs just sets them off. However the 2 area rugs pick up everything but money and babies, so they need to be vacuumed often. My vacuum didn't work on the high pile of the rug. I looked everywhere for the adjustment to raise the vacuum head, it was nowhere to be found. Rugs and floors covered in debris is a pet peeve of mine and it interrupted my peace. This morning I called the company and low and behold the adjustment setting is nowhere near the typical spot I expected it to be. It wasn't a lever, but a ring that turned which would adjust the suction of the vacuum and not the level of the machine. It wasn't a solution I expected.

Isn't that the case with many of the problems we have? A vacuum not working isn't a big deal, but the pattern for problem solving is the same whether you are vacuuming or feeding India.

1.) We have a problem
2.) We come up with a solution
3.) It doesn't work
4.) We throw our hands in the air and give up and in some cases just live with the problem (door knob stops working we giggle it rather than actually fix it, you see what I mean)
5.) Then when we can't live with it any more, we get quiet, sort it through and let the solution appear.
6.) Trust it will happen

I promise it works....

14 comments:

  1. Willing to accept a challenge and work through it helps us grow. When someone gets a chronic illness, that's the biggest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my heart episode my problem solving tactics have changed. There is so much I cannot "fix" any more, I have had to let go of so much. You are completely correct about accepting a challenge....Thank you for reading..

      Delete
  2. What an interesting approach to problem solving. Such food for thought, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big problem solver. No matter what the issue, I feel that if we calmly set our minds to it...........we can make it better. Maybe not totally fix it.........but make it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And definately the operative word is calm. That is when problems get solved.....and it doesnt surprise me you are a problem solver...I can see that!

      Delete
  4. Some problems are easy to fix some not so much. Some problems are world hunger and some are weird adjustments to vacuums. It is all in the same family of problem solving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how similar the patterns are in solving problems. But I know for sure when I am nuts I don't solve anything...

      Delete
  5. Haralee's comment just made me laugh because it's so true. The approach to solving problems is pretty much the same no matter what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My point exactly!! I will never be asked to solve problems as large as feeding India, but it's good to know my problems are as important because the pattern to solve them are the same. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband who was cheating on me almost every week is now a loyal and dedicated man, my problems are gone!, my husband came back 3 days after when DR.MACK told me that my husband will return i thought it was a joke but when my husband came home he prepared a meal for me, he dressed the bed and hide under the blanket with the children, when i came home i couldn’t believe what i saw, so i decided to sleep at the chair see what happens next only to see him come and show himself on me and started kissing me then i now realize that DR.MACK is the true spell caster, its has been two weeks he came home, this love spell have done wonders in my marital life, i will advice anyone who need help to run to Dr_mack@yahoo.com for he will help you bring back your lost husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  9. ฟิลเลอร์มีคุณลักษณะ



    ยังไง





    ?
    คุณลักษณะ



    ของฟิลเลอร์ ช่วยสำหรับการ







    เก็บกัก



    น้ำของชั้นผิวที่ได้รับการปรับปรุงแก้ไข









    หน้าตอบ ร่องปน



    ลึก ฟิลเลอร์จะช่วยเติมเต็มช่องว่างให้กับเซลล์ผิวหนัง หรือเพิ่มขนาด





    ให้กับผิว เปรียบเทียบ





    ได้กับการต่อว่า





    ดสปริงให้กับผิว ให้ผิวยืดหยุ่น เต่งตึงกระชับชั้นผิวเรียบเท่ากัน



    ลดริ้วรอยเฉา





    หย่นย่อ





    ทำให้บริเวณใบหน้า



    มอง



    เด็กลงอย่างเห็นได้ชัด





    รวมถึง



    การปรับรูปหน้า เติมเต็มรูปหน้าให้ได้ส่วนสัด





    ได้รูปเพิ่มขึ้น



    แล้วก็







    จะเสื่อมสภาพ





    ไปได้อย่างธรรมชาติ สำหรับหมอ



    ผู้ที่มีความเชี่ยวชาญ







    จะสามารถนำฟิลเลอร์ มาเติมเต็มได้ทุกส่วนของผิวฉีดฟิลเลอร์จมูก
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ปาก
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete